Last Updated on
- Share your searches
- Search examples
- Search report templates
- Examples of disclaimers / quality assurance statements
Share your searches
If you are happy to share searches you have done around commissioning either complete the Commissioning Handbook search template or email a copy of your report to Anne Gray who will load it onto the Handbook. Don’t forget to highlight any useful resources which we could add to the main pages.
Knowledge4Commissioning case studies
The knowledge4commissioning website is building a collection of case studies which illustrate the contribution of our knowledge specialists to commissioners. If you are able to submit a case study, please download the case study template and send it to email@example.com.
- Integrated diabetes pathways redesign report (April 2014)
- Mortality Rates and Patient Admission (April 2013)
- Health support for the homeless (April 2012)
- Integrated Care Models (April 2012)
- Contents of mental health care pathdays and clusters (February 2012)
- Telephone based care and hospitalisation (September 2011)
- Examples of good practice in the management of Section 117 aftercare (August 2011)
- Best practice clinical pathways (August 2011)
- Evidence to support Total place (August 2011)
- The Effectiveness of Chlamydia Screening in Schools (November 2009)
- The use of SMS (text messaging) in sexual health and contraceptive services for young people (April 2009)
- Sexual health services for people with learning disabilities (September 2008)
Search report templates
It is important that librarians present their findings in the most useful way. When health managers were asked about their information seeking behaviour and preferences for a national survey(Edwards et al) (n=2092 across 59 trusts, carried out Feb-July 2011) 83% said that they preferred “short summaries of research with key bullet points rather than long articles or documents”.
Edwards C, Fox R, Gillard S, Gourlay S, Guven P, Jackson C, Chambers M & Drennan V.Explaining Health Managers’ Information Seeking Behaviour and Use. Final report. NIHR Service Delivery and Organisation programme; 2013
Are you happy to share your search report templates? Here are some examples:
- Commissioning Handbook search template
- PCC Ask an Expert Search summary template.
- Knowledge 4 commissioning case study template
- Literature search results template MK CCG
- Lincolnshire Knowledge and Resource Service Search Results Master
Submit yours to Anne Gray who will load it onto the Handbook
Examples of disclaimers / quality assurance statements
The articles referenced in this review have not all been critically appraised. Where possible, the full text of the studies will be obtained, however where they are not available summaries will have been taken from either abstracts or from other narrative reviews. The studies chosen for this review have been chosen by a single reviewer. Commissioners are advised to read the primary research.
All links are provided for information only. A link does not imply endorsement of that site.
Every effort has been made to ensure that this information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete. However it is possible that it is not representative of the whole body of evidence available. No responsibility can be accepted for any action taken on the basis of this information. It is the responsibility of the requester to determine the accuracy, validity and interpretation of the search results.
All links from this resource are provided for information only. A link does not imply endorsement of that site and the Lincolnshire Knowledge and Resource Service does not accept responsibility for the information displayed there, or for the wording, content and accuracy of the information supplied which has been extracted in good faith from reputable sources.