The three different series of Parliamentary Research Briefings produced by the Libraries of the House of Commons and House of Lords and the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST) include some useful health related resources. Including:
- Autism – overview of policy and services (House of Commons Briefing papers 12 May 2015)
- Sources of Statistics: Health (Commons Briefing papers March 2015) – an introductory guide provides sources of statistics on UK public health services.
- Sources of Statistics: Vital Statistics (Commons Briefing papers March 2015) – an and introduction to sources of statistics on population, demography and health.
- Children and young people’s mental health – policy, CAMHS services, funding and education (Commons Briefing papers March 2015)
- Dementia: Statistics on prevalence and an outline of the Government’s work to improve diagnosis, care and research 2015. (House of Commons Briefing papers 23 February 2015). Iincluding statistics, tables and maps on age-adjusted dementia prevalence across the UK, including for each English Parliamentary constituency.
- Learning Disability – policies and issues (Commons Briefing papers December 2014) – the key issues and policy areas affecting people with a learning disability, and looks at what is being done to ensure people with a learning disability have equal rights, access and opportunities.
- Palliative and End of Life Care (POSTnotes 08 October 2014) – an overview of palliative care and its key components, approaches to managing and standardising care and key challenges to providing high quality care.
These have been added to the appropriate page in the Handbook.